Your Open Spaces Terms & Conditions
Your Open Spaces takes pride in making all seams as invisible as possible. However, seams are occasionally visible due to the manufacturing structure of the product. This is unfortunately inevitable and can be influenced by a number of factors. Our warranty does not cover seam visibility.
Your Open Spaces uses grass from the same batch to ensure there are no slight colour differences. Therefore, please be aware if you want to add more grass to an area at a later date there may be a slight colouration difference due to batch variations. Your Open Spaces cannot be liable for any differences in the colour for the same product if ordered separately.
The colour of goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to variations in browser software and computer / tablet screens.
All grasses we supply and install come with an 8 year UV sunlight fade manufacturer’s warranty. Any other issues with the Artificial Grass is dealt with on a case by case basis between us and our supplier. This is subject to fair wear and tear and is subject to the owner adhering to Maintenance guidelines (above) and the following exclusions
- The grass is designed to match the effects of real grass. Continued usage in a particular area will cause it to curl and crush. This is not covered by the guarantee
- Burns or cut damage, accidental or vandalism damage, negligence or neglect
- Your Open Spaces does not recommend that customers have rotary washing lines installed in our Artificial Grass. This is because the load on the line can cause movement of the pole at ground level which can disturb the sub base in the area around the pole spike. Also installation of a rotary line means piercing the weed membrane which will cause weeds to grow out of the pole hole. If a customer still wishes to have a rotary line installed it is their responsibility if the sub base is disturbed and dips or subsidence occurs.
- Damage, subsidence or upheaval to the grass, timber surround, weed membrane or sub base due to tree root growth or any other external influence either from the customer, neighbouring or council areas
- Damage, subsidence or upheaval to the grass, timber surround, weed membrane or sub base due to tampering by the customer post installation
- Damage, subsidence or upheaval to the grass, timber surround, weed membrane or sub base due to ground subsidence or movement below the sub base. The sub base is a permeable area and is not a solid base such as those used for garages etc. Therefore, while Your Open Spaces provides a firm and flat base at the time of installation we cannot foresee whether the ground below the sub base will move post installation. It is possible for tree and plant roots to surface yards away from their source either from a customer or neighbouring garden and we cannot forecast how quickly this may happen as we are not tree and plant specialists. During the base preparation Your Open Spaces will clear any visible weeds however Your Open Spaces will not cut away tree roots unless instructed to by the customer in writing and that the customer will accept responsibility for any impact on the life span of the tree. Customers should also be aware that bamboo is a notoriously difficult plant to eliminate and that even if dug out its roots can reappear on the surface either very quickly or months later and several yards from the original site of the plant. Your Open Spaces is not responsible for any impact bamboo can have on its products
- None domestic animal damage including but not exclusive to badgers, rats, moles and foxes
- While our grass is pet friendly our guarantee does not cover damage from dogs, cats, rabbits or any other domestic pet
- Reflective heat damage from mirrors and / or glass onto the product
- Use of improper footwear or sports equipment
- The surface being used for a purpose other than that for which it was designed and installed
- Application of improper cleaning methods, use of cleaning chemicals, herbicides or pesticides
- Forces Majeure or other conditions beyond the reasonable control of Your Open Spaces
- Failure to properly maintain or protect the product.
The final decision to replace any grass rests with our supplier. Grass will only usually be replaced where a fault affects the usability and functionality of the grass
- Your Open Spaces shall not be liable to the Buyer for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the Buyer as a direct or indirect result of the supply of goods by the Seller being prevented, hindered, delayed, cancelled or rendered uneconomic by reason of circumstance or events beyond Your Open Space’s reasonable control (“force majeure circumstances”) including but not limited to Act of God, war, riot, strike, lock out, trade dispute or labour disturbance, accident, break-down of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm, difficulty or increased expense in obtaining workman, materials or transport, or other circumstances affecting the supply of the goods or of raw materials by Your Open Spaces’ normal source of supply of manufacture or the goods by Your Open Spaces’ normal means of delivery of the goods by the Sellers normal route or means of delivery.
- In force majeure circumstances Your Open Spaces may in its sole discretion terminate any contract for the supply of goods pursuant to these conditions or cancel delivery of goods to the Buyer or may, with the agreement of the Buyer, deliver the goods at an agreed rate of delivery commencing after any suspension of deliveries.
- If due to force majeure circumstances Your Open Spaces has insufficient stocks to meet all its commitments Your Open Spaces may apportion available stocks between its customers at its sole discretion.
Quotations and Acceptance
Terms of Payment
Payment from the customer to Your Open Spaces is on the day of completion of the works.
Full payment is required even if creases or seams are visible (see above). Once payment is received Your Open Spaces will invoice the customer within 24 hours. Customers should not agree to a start date with Your Open Spaces if they cannot meet the payment terms